Choosing the right incident reporting software takes thought—and like most strategic business decisions, it pays to get it right the first time.
Here are a few of the most important features and capabilities to look for in choosing an incident management solution and a vendor you trust:
Why choose Engage EHS over other software providers?
Why our clients use the Incident Reporting Module:
Social - Transforms how employees engage with EHS and
Integrated - Connects to our Training, Risk Assesment and
Award Winning Service - Backed by award winning expertise
and customer support
Insights and Reporting - Gain deep understanding of your incident data
Learn more about our software features below:
Fully Automated Reporting
Automated reporting has changed the way our users are managing their incidents:
- Incidents/ accidents are reported immediately to the relevant people
- Users can easily attach images, risk assessments and other documents to their report
- Chances of reoccurance are reduced as the time spent between reporting an incident and completing an investigation is shortened
Incident Investigation Tools
Our wide range of incident investigation tools has helped our clients get to the root cause of incidents:
- Sign off workflows can be created based on your need
- Pictures, documents, actions and notes can be added at any point of the investigation process. Each action that is taken is recorded
- Detailed investigation elements support our users with root cause analysis and investigation management.
Our mobile safety app 'Engage' has some of the best incident reporting functionality on the market:
- Incidents or accidents can be reported on the go, at any time
- Users can attach images and accurate location data to reports
- The app can be used online or offline, synching when a wi-fi or data connection is available
Market-leading Incident Analytics
Our Live Insights Dashboard lead the way in incident data visualisation among our competitors:
- Easily view Incident and accident reporting for your entire organisation in one place
- These dashboards bring your information to life with dynamic visuals, graphs and charts
- Data drilldown lets users quickly see the data behind the statistics
Sites Using Effective Software
Hazards Reported in 2018
McAleer & Rushe Case Study
McAleer & Rushe worked closely with the Customer Success team in Engage EHS. They took the company’s need to focus on hazard spotting and incident reporting very seriously, and always aimed to support their team as much as possible. The team work between McAller & Rushe and Engage EHS has been one of the greatest benefits.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is incident reporting software?
Incident reporting software allows an employee or employer to track and manage incidents, hazards and near misses with the use of technology. This technology allows for systemic tracking, resulting in a concise and accurate management of incidents. The benefit of incident reporting through a software is the ability to report on incidents in realtime, which allows you to avoid unnecessary delays and track the process every step of the way.
Why is incident reporting software important in safety?
Incident reporting is an integral part of maintaining a health and safety compliant workplace. The purpose and core benefit of having a software system in place is reporting on incidents and restoring services back to normal operation as fast as possible. This allows unplanned interruptions to be controlled in realtime and mitigated going forward. Software which improves the incident reporting process and communication of said incidents also helps improve the engagement from workers in health and safety.