We were delighted to host the 'ISO 45001 - Are You Ready?' webinar on Friday the 4th of August. The webinar was presented by Darragh Geoghegan, CEO of Effective Software and Chris Ward, a key member of the BSI committee, responsible for OSHAS 18001.
As you may or may not know, the result of the ballot on the second draft standard has been successful in supporting moving the standard to publication. The final date of publication is very likely to be in 2018 which will be decided by drafting committee late September. The focus of the webinar was to discuss the overall implications of this result for your organisation.
The following is what was discussed:
- The ballot voted in favour of publishing the standard. The steps leading to the standard's publication were discussed.
- The key clauses of the standard. A brief synopsis of what each one relates to.
- How this standard will fit with other Integrated Management System's standards.
- The key differences between OHSAS 18001 and ISO 45001. The gap to cross for those that have attained 18001 to get certified to ISO 45001.
- What the next steps to the standard's publication are.
- The key elements of the standard, including leadership, worker participation, context, risks and opportunities.
- Worker participation. Does it include regular sub contractors and will that have an impact in the construction sector?
- Would an employee feedback register be a realistic opportunity to meet employee involvement?
- The change of manager responsibility to a more leadership approach.
As we were inundated with questions during the webinar, we were not able to respond to them all. Chris has kindly agreed to keep the discussion going on his LinkedIn Discussion Group, EHSQ - ISO 45001.