2016 did not see publication of the promised ISO 45001, the long-awaited replacement for the occupational health and safety standard, OHSAS 18001. Effective Software will be hosting an event discussing the future of the accreditation amongst a panel of health and safety experts.
DATE & TIME FOR EVENT
April 26th 2017.
Doors open at 9:30am with tea and coffee, conference begins at 10:30am sharp and finishes at 1:00pm.
Hilton Birmingham Metropole - Directions to venue
TOPICS FOR DISCUSSION
Some of the discussion topics for debate are as follow:
AN IMPOSSIBLE DREAM?
- An international standard on occupational health and safety is an impossible dream which will never be achieved?
WHAT IS THE TRUE MEANING OF CONTEXT?
- Is it an escape hatch for the tick box organisations?
WILL IT MINIMISE RISK?
- Will certification make us compliant, but not safer?
ONE SIZE FITS ALL?
- We need different standards for different types of organisations – there is no one size fits all.
ARE AUDITS ON THE WAY OUT?
- Audits are a waste of time and money?
STANDARDS SHOULD BE STANDARD?
- Standards should contain only items that can be black and white, not guidance or requirements that require judgement to meet them.
OUR H&S PROFESSIONAL PANELISTS