Manage chemical usage, storage and supplier data
Ensuring your employees are safe while working with hazardous substances is extremely important but it can also be demanding trying to manage all the paperwork.
The Chemicals module lets you manage your chemical inventory list, track substance usage and store all important safety data in one place.
Detailed Chemical Records
Record all chemical data, supplier information and view chemical use history
- Attach (M)SDS and risk assessments associated with the chemical
- R Phrase Classifications and GHS classifications built in to the record
- Assign and track actions out to employees
Centralised Chemical Information
All your organisations chemical data in one location
- Gain oversight of chemical usage at a glance with the chemical matrix
- Filter tool helps quickly locate the chemical required
- Chemical data records can be accessed to complete CoSHH assessments
Connect Chemicals with other modules to unify health and safety in your business:
CoSHH Assessment Software: Pull in the most up-to-date chemical and substance information into your CoSHH assessments
Record and track monthly chemical usage across multiple sites
Store and record important supplier contact information
R Phrase Classifications and GHS Classifications
Include safety data sheets in chemical records
Use chemical data to complete CoSHH assessments
Trusted by Over 300 Clients Across The Globe
Reduction in overall Accident Frequency
Factor increase in Near-Miss Reporting
Client Success Stories - Future Industrial Services
Read on to discover the difference that our software has made to the team at Future Industrial Services.
Chemical Risk Assessment Management software is a tool that monitors and manages the risks associated with hazardous chemicals.
The Engage EHS CoSHH & Chemical Module lets you create fully-configurable task or substance based risk assessments. These assessments have both R Phrase and GHS Classifications built in and can be shared easily throughout your organisation.
When creating a chemical inventory list, it is important to include all chemicals that are present in the workplace. Its is vital to include all chemical data such as product name/code, supplier name and contact details, Safety Data Sheets (SDS), hazard classifications and usage quantities.
A chemical inventory list is a database of chemicals used or present in your workplace. A chemical inventory list will include (but is not limited to):
- Identifying hazardous chemicals,
- Tracking chemical usage,
- Identifying the work a chemical is used for
- Identifying the locations a chemical is used
All chemicals that are present in the workplace shoud be included on a chemical inventory list.
There is no regulatory timings for performing a chemical inventory review. However, it is recognised that a chemical inventory review should be undetaken at least once a year.
It is widely recognised that the following is required on a hazard label. The requirments may change due to geogrpahies:
- Name, address and telephone number of the supplier
- Product identifiers
- Relevant signal word
- Hazard statement(s) description of the hazardous effect
- Appropriate precautionary statements to allow the user to take measures to protect health/environment
- Obligatory supplemental information which comprise of hazard statements taken over from previous chemical legislation
It is important for organisations to manage their chemical inventory in order to ensure they are mitigating risk related to employee exposure to potential harmful substances. This management process was traditionally paper and spreadhseet focused. In reccent times, organisations are now transitioning to an online chemical inventory software provider. Engage EHS's chemical inventory module is helping organisations standardise and centralise all their chemical inventory one easily accessible location.