The long-awaited occupational health and safety standard, ISO – 45001 is here. This whitepaper aims to answer some of the important questions that have surfaced in our wait.
2. The History
3. An Impossible Dream?
– A (meaningful) international standard on occupational health and
safety is an impossible dream which will never be achieved.
4. Will It Minimise Risk?
– Certification makes us compliant, not safer.
5. There Is No One Size Fits All
– Only guidance can be global – everything else should be locally determined
6. Standards Should Be Standard
– You can’t standardise management
7. Why Do We Audit?
– Audits, as done, are not the best way of making us safer and healthier