The new Permit to Work module allows users to quickly and easily create, request and manage permits for all manner of hazardous works
Many companies use paper to drive their permit process. The same permit form is photocopied repeatedly, altered, filed away and potentially lost when you need it.
The Permit to Work module changes all that. All stakeholders in the work are given visibility on permit status, facilitating better communication with your team and contractors.
A Paperless Solution
Eliminate excess paperwork and improve the handover process, whether issuing a permit or performing the work
- Users can create, revoke and extend permits as necessary
- Handover control of a permit across shifts
- IA’s can review and reject permits at any stage of the process
Realtime visibility of work and permits
Gain complete control over the permit issuance and approval process
- Manage contractor approval and documentation from one place
- Contractors can accept, reject and request extensions on permits
- Gain oversight of all parties involved in a job/project
Decrease workflow delays
All permit-related information in one place
- Attach risk assessments and method statements to your permits
- Assign and track actions to involved parties
- Automatic notifications improve communications for all those involved in a project
A fully configurable system that lets you define the body of works for your permit
- Predefined templates simplify works and permit creation
- Users can create any permit approval type
- Users have access to a full timeline of a permit’s lifecycle and history
The Permit to Work module connects with other core modules in the following ways:
- Contractor Management Software: Pull in data from all your contractors into the PTW module
Create schedules or complete audits ad-hoc
No restriction on the number of users to complete audits and actions online
Complete reports on the move with all data syncing back to the central system instantly for metrics, reports and analysis
Raise & Track
Raise and track actions against each audit.
Fully configurable Permit To Work templates
Notify managers immediately when a permit request is submitted for approval
Mobile and tablet compatibility provides easy mobile access for employees and senior management
Project Approval Control
IA’s can review and reject permits at any stage of the process
Define your own question types throughout your templates
Trusted by Over 300 Clients Across The Globe
Sites Using Effective Software
Hazards Reported in 2018
McAleer & Rushe Case Study
McAleer & Rushe worked closely with the Customer Success team in Engage EHS. They took the company’s need to focus on hazard spotting and incident reporting very seriously, and always aimed to support their team as much as possible. The team work between McAller & Rushe and Engage EHS has been one of the greatest benefits.
People Also Asked
Why do we need safety permits?
Safety permits are used to for work where normal precautions cannot be used, or where the work itself may cause new hazards. Permits are vital to determining what steps must be taken when carrying out, recording and monitoring a potentially dangerous task. Permits also state what should happen after a task is completed. Permits also serve as a written record of the work being carried out. They cover when the work is carried out, who is involved, and the permissions of the involved parties.
What are the types of safety permit to work?
There are several types of safe work permits, depending on the type of task being performed. Some of the most common are:
• Hot Works permits - activities that could pose a fire risk, such as welding and soldering
• Cold Works permits - activities with no sources of ignition
• Confined Space permits - activities where the enclosed nature of the environment increases the likelihood of an accident
• Electrical Works permits - activities involving live electrical components
• Working from Height permits - actvities where a person could be injured if they fell.
What is a height work permit?
Working at heights permits allow you and your contractor to record issues like hazards connected with the work they are going to conduct along with the necessary precautions should be taken. By making these considerations, the potential for incidents is greatly reduced and, therefore, the permit will help to protect the safety of employees and contractors.
What is hot work permit?
Because hot works can have many controls it is not enough to trust that people will remember what to do, based on training that could be years old.
A hot works permit reminds people what needs to be checked before, during and after the work. Often it requires people with competencies in different areas to sign off that specific checks have been made. Has the area been cleared of combustion hazards? Has the air been tested for flammable gases? Has the right fire extinguisher been provided?
What is a confined space work permit
A confined space permit guides employees and contractores through all the checks they need to make, aequipment and PPE needed, all permissions to be granted, and identifies who else needs to be told about the work. Typically, only when the permit is signed off by the right people can the work begin.